You may surprise to hear that PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System PIF-300 is the best invisible dog fence ever. After researching lots of wireless pet containment system, our experts have come to a decision that PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System PIF-300 is the best invisible dog fence ever.
We consider this system based on Quality, Reputation, Price, Durability, Functionality and much more. Below is given in detail review of PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System PIF-300.
Keeping your pet safe from harm in your yard can now be an easy proposition as PetSafe now has the answer. There will be no more your dog jumping the fence or digging under it.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System PIF-300 is the Best Invisible Dog Fence!
- 1.1 Which types of dog can use this system?
- 1.2 PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System PIF-300 Includes:
- 1.3 Main features of PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System PIF-300
- 1.4 How this system give you the most in Pet control and peace of mind
- 1.5 How to install the PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System PIF-300!
- 1.6 How to train your dog with PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System PIF-300
- 1.7 Final Thoughts
PIF – 300 Pet Fence
You may not even have to have a fence at all. Your pet will not even want to leave the confines of your property at all. This is all due to a revolutionary wireless system that acts like and invisible fence that your pet wouldn’t even go near.
Today you learn about the benefits of this wireless fence that doesn’t require posts or wire mesh that detracts from your property’s natural beauty.[one_half_first] [thrive_custom_box title=”Things We Liked” style=”dark” type=”color” color=”#F7FCF4″ border=”#03c100″]
- Very easy Plug n Play setup
- No burring wire
- Highly Portable
- Adjustable correction according to dog temperament
- Water Proof Receiver
- Deliver Safe Static Correction
- Support Unlimited dog
- Amazing Customer Support
- Not Appropriate for Custom Yard
- Coverage Area only 0.5 Acre
- Disposable Collar Battery
Why PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System PIF-300 is the Best Invisible Dog Fence!
Your pet wears a special collar that when they approach the edge of your property a painless correction impulse is sent to them.
This is one of the easiest and safest ways to train your pet from straying outside your yard.
A transmitter is placed in your yard and your pet’s collar is designed to receive this signal and if they begin to reach the edge of this invisible envelope they will receive a corrective warning tone.
If they continue to approach the barrier, they will receive a static correction. This lets you put your pet out and rest easy that they can frolic and get the exercise and you don’t have to watch them every minute afraid they will wander.
What’s more, you have a visual indicator in the form of boundary flags that let your pet know where their world ends and they should not go beyond it.
With just a few days of training, your pet learns the boundaries and what is expected.
You can adjust the intensity of the static depending on the size of your pet and their temperament. This ensures they receive just enough correction to deter but not to cause discomfort to them.
Which types of dog can use this system?
- The PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System PIF-300 is made for dogs over the weight of 5 pounds and with a neck size from 6-23 inches. The temperament of your pet needs to be taken into account as well.
- Dogs with an overly aggressive nature are not recommended to be used solely with this system as it is designed to be a corrective warning device and not a shock collar.
- Dogs that can harm people require addition safeguards to protect passersby and prevent this kind of pet from leaving the confines of the property.
- For pets with a mild to moderate temperaments this system has been shown to be highly effect to curb them from straying from the yard and other venues.
- This can mean a pet of the size of a small terrier to the size of a St. Bernard may be kept in an area you define via settings and boundary warning flags.
- You get one transmitter that projects a 90 foot in diameter invisible barrier around your property.
- You next will find one specially designed pet collar and it’s associated receiver that is synced with the transmitter.
- In addition, you will find 50 boundary flags that tell your pet where the Boundary of the confinement zone starts.
- You get a special RDF-67 battery that powers the collar.
- You also will find an Operating and Training guide.
- A power adapter is included so you can power the unit from a wall source.
- Finally, you will get a Test light tool that makes sure everything is working properly.
Main features of PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System PIF-300
- You have an adjustable barrier that expands to 90 feet, which depending on where you situate the transmitter can provide coverage for almost any sized yard.
- The boundary can be reduced and selectable for smaller yards and other locations.
- You also have an 8 step concentric circle you can set the transmitter for.
- At setting number 1, you have an area for 5-10 ft. While at the maximum setting of 8, you have a perimeter of 85-90 feet.
- The collar also has different settings from a tone only warning to a 6 level static correction control.
- Levels 1 & 2 are for timid pets and a more intensive correction is 3-5. Level 6 is the highest energy level of Static correction and your pet is more active or aggressive to require this level of correction.
- However, if you require this level of correction you may wish to consider other containment options to use in addition the wireless system. Because if you pet becomes too excited or agitated the system may not be able to keep them within the confines of your property.
- If your pet does stray, the collar will automatically shut down correction after 30 seconds of operation.
- Your pet will stay where you want them and away from places, you don’t. With a little ingenuity, you can even protect the wife’s flower garden from an errant pet.
- The boundary and barrier can all be set to any size area you need from 5 to 90 feet.
- The setting of the collar can be adjusted to the size of your pet and their temperament.
- The system is simple to set up and operate.
- The collar runs on an easy to replace the battery.
- Your Pet even at the highest setting will only receive a slight electric shock.
- The system is safe for people, as the collar, if mishandled will only give off a slight tingle.
- It wouldn’t harm your pet or damage their skin.
How to install the PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System PIF-300!
Setting up the PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System PIF-300 is very simple.
You only have to unpack the transmitter and plug it in and turn it on. Be sure not to set it up near any electronics or metal objects.
Place it at least 2 feet off the floor and make sure it is in a well-ventilated area. Also, make sure the vents are unobstructed.
You should also put it in a location that does not drop below freezing or is exposed to moisture. You next need to set it for the size of yard you want to enclose. This is done on the transmitter itself.
Install the collar battery and set it for level 1 turns it on. Then walk around your property and listen for the warning tone.
When you hear the tone place one of the 50 boundary marker flags down. Continue around the perimeter of your property and note and dead zones that may crop up.
If this occurs, you will need to move the transmitter to a new location to avoid whatever is blocking the signal.
Once this is done, you need to begin training your pet to recognize the boundary flags and what the tone and the Static correct feel like.
How to train your dog with PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System PIF-300
This takes Patience and without this training, Not only PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System PIF-300 but also all other system is useless.
Fit the collar and adjust it for size. There are two sets of contacts and they are for either a shorthaired breed of dog or one that has thicker fur.
This training can take up to 14 days and depend on your pet it could last longer of less. However, all phases of the training need to be completed for best results with using the PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System PIF-300.
Confine you pet via other means during this process until they show they are responding to the training. Play with them at the edge of the boundary at the end of each training session so they are not afraid to get to just short of the barrier.
If You decide to take your pet outside the influence of the zone, take off the collar and put them in the car and drive them outside the perimeter.
While training if your pet becomes agitated. Back off on the training schedule a bit. The whole idea is to have fun while learning. Even if your pet shows, they are responding correctly. Complete the entire program of instruction.
Day 1 – Boundary Training – Tone only
- This will show you pet where the boundary of their yard is and they learn to recognize where it is located.
- Walk them around the perimeter and with a soft voice and praise, let them map out their world. Point to the flags as you move up to them so they recognize them.
- Try to only teach 3-4 flags a day.
- Walk them to the boundary and let them hear the tone for 2 seconds then gently take them back within.
- Continue until they hesitate and finally stop trying to enter.
- Then continue until all flags have been mastered.
Day 2-4 – Boundary Training – Collar set to level 2
- Walk the perimeter and let them try to go through the static correction will be in force and watch for the signs of the ears and a stiffening.
- If they do not stop at the boundary, increase the collar setting up another level.
- Stay at one flag until they stop of their own volition.
Day 5- 8 – Distraction
- Here we are training for stopping even if they want to go outside the boundary zone.
- Try to see if you pet goes outside the Pet Zone using either their favorite toy and neighbor or a family member walking through the boundary.
- Remember to bring them back inside the Pet Zone if they go into the boundary for more than 2 seconds.
- Check the collar if this happens and make sure it is set correctly. Adjust the collar’s Static Correction level if needed.
Day 9-14 Unsupervised
- Here you go with your pet and observe their actions and reactions as they play and move about the yard.
- If they go beyond the barrier and stray. Take off their collar and bring them back inside the Pet Zone and re-affix the collar and raise adjustment of the collar intensity may be in order.
Day 15-30 Monitoring
- Go out with your pet and watch and make sure they are staying within the perimeter of the PetSafe unit and reinforce the lessons if required.
You now see how easy it is to set up a PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System PIF-300 for your pet and after the training is done your pet will frolic and play just as if confined by a physical barrier.
You can rest easy knowing they will stay in your yard. Just be sure to remember to periodically reinforce the training to make sure it sticks.
After all this, you will never have to worry about your pet running outside the yard where they could become lost or hit by a car.
Your neighbors will be glad that property values will stay high as there is no unsightly chain link fence blotting the landscape and marring the surrounding view.